Some days, it’s just not worth getting out of bed.
And if you’re Keith Raniere, some days it’s just not worth getting out of your prison bunk at MDC.
Yesterday was one of those days…
First, came the news that Nancy Salzman, his original partner-in-crime in the NXIVM/ESP criminal enterprise, was going to plead guilty – and, in all likelihood, end up being one of the prosecution’s prime witnesses against him and his remaining co-defendants in the case of the U.S. v. Raniere Et Al.
Next, came a filing by the prosecution that exposes more of the evidence that it plans to introduce at his trial.
The new details were set forth in a Memorandum-of-Law that the prosecution filed yesterday in support of its pending motion to admit “certain racketeering evidence” in the case.
Before we get into the details, let me explain the legal context of this situation.
As readers of the Frank Report may recall, the First Count in the superseding indictment in this case – which, by the way, applies to all the defendants – is for “Racketeering Conspiracy”.
Commonly referred to as a “RICO charge”, the First Count involves various “predicate acts” that the prosecution alleges were undertaken as a part of a Racketeering Enterprise.
The “predicate acts” that were alleged in the superseding indictment in this case include the following:
• Conspiracy To Commit Identity Theft Regarding Jane Doe 1
• Conspiracy To Unlawfully Possess Identification Document
• Conspiracy To Commit Identity Theft
• Identity Theft Regarding John Doe 1
• Identity Theft Regarding John Doe 2
• Conspiracy To Alter Records For Use In An Official Proceeding
• Conspiracy To Commit Identity Theft Regarding Jane Doe 2
• Encouraging And Inducing Illegal Entry
• Money Laundering
• Trafficking Of Jane Doe 4 For Labor And Services
• State Law Extortion
• Sex Trafficking Of Jane Doe 5
• Forced Labor Of Jane Doe 5
• State Law Extortion Of Jane Doe 5
• Forced Labor Of Jane Doe 6
• State Law Extortion Of Jane Doe 6
• Conspiracy To Commit Identity Theft Regarding Jane Doe 7
The prosecution, of course, plans to introduce evidence to support its allegation regarding each of the cited “predicate acts”.
But because this is a RICO charge, the prosecution is also allowed to introduce other evidence to prove such things as:
• The existence and nature of the Racketeering Enterprise;
• The background of the Racketeering Enterprise;
• The membership of the defendants and others in the Racketeering Enterprise;
• The involvement of the defendants and others in the affairs of the Racketeering Enterprise;
• The relationships between the defendants and their co-conspirators;
• The continuity of the Racketeering Enterprise’s illegal activities; and
• The methods and means employed by members and associates of the Racketeering Enterprise.
So, what the hell does all that legal mumbo-jumbo mean?
Well, simply put, it means that the prosecution can introduce evidence of other “crimes and bad acts” that the defendants did even if those activities are not part of the charges pending against them in this case.
Normally, such evidence would be barred as being prejudicial to the defendants in a criminal case. But, unfortunately for Raniere and his remaining co-defendants, it’s totally admissible in cases involving a RICO charge.
So, what are some of these “crimes and bad acts” that the prosecution wants to tell the jury about?
Here are some of the ones listed in yesterday’s filing:
• The securing of visas and immigration status for certain non-citizens so that they could work in one or more Nxivm-affiliated organizations or become sexual partners for Raniere;
• The propensity of Raniere to commit fraud as evidenced by his illegal Consumers Byline operation;
• Raniere’s teachings about “suppressives”, women’s allegedly prideful natures and their willingness to “play the victim”, and “ethical breaches” (The prosecution has more than 300 emails between Raniere and Jane Doe 4 discussing one of her “ethical breaches” – and more than 400 such emails discussing her “acting like a victim”);
• The efforts that were made to keep NXIVM/ESP members “within the community” – and to recruit new DOS slaves;
• The cash smuggling, structuring and tax evasion that were part of NXIVM/ESP’s standard financial operations;
• The “conduit contribution scheme” by which NXIVM/ESP illegally funneled campaign contributions to politicians (This was done for Hillary Clinton and likely others);
• The defendants’ use of political strategists and lobbyists to illegally gain political influence – and to use that influence to have their perceived enemies indicted for crimes they did not commit or on the basis of false or misleading information (This was done to Frank Parlato, Joe O’Hara, Toni Natalie, Barbara Bouchey and John Tighe – and, quite possibly, several others).
• The recruitment and grooming of sexual partners for Raniere, both within and outside of DOS;
• Clare Bronfman’s “longstanding intimate relationship with Raniere”;
• The facilitation of Raniere’s sexual relationships with two underage victims: i.e., a 15-year-old girl who was employed by Nancy Salzman and who, ten years later, became one of Raniere’s first-line “slaves” in DOS – and a child whose sexual relationship with Raniere was known to, and facilitated by, members of the Racketeering Enterprise (The prosecution expects to introduce, among other sources of evidence, dated images of the victim, constituting child pornography, that were created and possessed by Raniere – and electronic communications between the victim and Raniere reflecting their sexual relationship and indicating that it began when she was 15-years old);
• Kathy Russell’s leasing of a property for over 7-years under an assumed name;
• The illegal surveillance of the email accounts and bank accounts of several non-members;
• NXIVM/ESP’s use of harassment, coercion and abusive litigation to intimidate and attack perceived enemies and critics of Raniere and DOS defectors;
• Raniere’s statements in the Raniere v. Microsoft case – which show the lengths to which he was willing to go to avoid admitting to his control of assets that he, in fact, did control;
• The attempts to protect Raniere after the existence of DOS was exposed by, among other things, attempting to silence and intimidate DOS slaves and issuing public statements falsely denying Raniere’s involvement in DOS; and
• Bronfman’s refusal to return the collateral of DOS members who had left the organization.
The amount – and the breadth – of the evidence that the prosecution has gathered in this case in truly amazing.
Of course, it helped immensely that Raniere had a penchant for putting things in writing – and for recording everything he ever did or said.
As it turns out, Raniere will likely be voted as MVP for the prosecution team in this case.
One more item to include in his inflated resume.
Viva Executive Success!
[…] 4) Federal prosecutors reveal more of their evidence in the NXIVM sex cult case as Nancy Salzman pleads guilty and will likely be a witness against Keith Raniere. https://frankreport.com/2019/03/13/feds-expose-more-of-their-evidence-more-bad-news-for-raniere/ … […]
Frank, I just want to Thank You for being a large part of bringing this all into the light
Most important Sentence In this ENTIRE ARTICLE ….Illegal surveillance of NONMEMBER EMAILS …. As in HILLARY CLINTON, my friends …. 🤔
[…] comment made in the article Feds Expose More Of Their Evidence – More Bad News For Raniere is as […]
[…] comment made in the article Feds Expose More Of Their Evidence – More Bad News For Raniere is as […]
Was able to pull yesterday’s (3/12) memo of law outlining the prosecutor’s new evidence on my own from Pacer so disregard the previous request for a link.
For those who have read it – in the last paragraph of page 10 and into page 11, “uncharged crimes” and “unindicted coconspirators” are mentioned 3 times, seeming even redundant. Any clues there?
That is typically how legal documents are written. Lots of redundant, repeated words, such that if parts are removed, you don’t lose content somewhere else in the document.
[…] this is a good thread. if you aren’t, here are 2 articles provided in the thread: here and here. […]
We all know how games like Vanguard have a high percentage of ending eventually because by design, it is a keep on trying with me game, then Game Over.
Nancy pleads guilty
According to the Daily Mail, Nancy cried incourt and apologised to Lauren.
Where is Pea? Could you lavish us with your thoughts about this?
Please I am begging you in the name of everything that is pure, decent, and brings about positive change in the world, please stop summoning that pea brain, oxygen wasting, in able to think for itself pile of filth. The same karma that came around for soccer ballhead awaits you if you don’t stop.
we’re live kids: https://www.timesunion.com/news/article/NXIVM-President-Nancy-Salzman-pleads-guilty-in-13685799.php
Benita Zahn on Twitter has breaking news.
BREAKING NEWS- #NXIVM co-founder Nancy Salzman pleads Guilty To one count of racketeering conspiracy in US Court in Brooklyn, she faces 33 to 41 months at her July 10th sentencing- @dlevywnyt has the latest from Brooklyn live at 4 @WNYT
With the Prefect flipping, will Kristin be dragged out from her “ignorance” into the spotlight to answer for herself?
Does anyone know contact information for the prosecutor’s office? Thanks!
United States Attorney’s Office Eastern District of New York
271 Cadman Plaza East
Brooklyn, New York 11201
Richard P. Donoghue – U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of New York
Moira K. Penza – AUSA (Criminal Division) –email@example.com –
Tanya Hajjar – AUSA (Criminal Division) –firstname.lastname@example.org – 718.254.6109
Karin K. Orenstein – AUSA (Civil Division) –email@example.com – 718.254.6188
Kevin Trowel – AUSA (Public Integrity Division) – firstname.lastname@example.org –
Mark E. Lesko – AUSA (_____ Division) – email@example.com –
Just google the DOJ and numerous numbers will be listed. No one is going to post a direct line for you that I promise.
I will post a direct phone number (please don’t publish it beyond this site).
Ask for Jenny.
Thanks for leaving out the area code. Asking for Jenny doesn’t sound like a direct number, either.
When you communicate between aliases/personalities do you stay in character or switch back and forth between personalities and yourself?
Scott do you ever get confused to whom/who your are talking to?
Do you wear various wigs and costumes while you are commenting in your different personalities?
Scott do you consider yourself a method actor or just plain old fashioned crazy?
Scott who are you right now? NoisyMouse/Bangkok/Scott_Johnson/tex2//Anonymous(fake random dude).
How do you decide who to be ?
Do you wake up into different characters?
It’s all very interesting. Some psychiatrists dream of having a patient like you. Scott you are very special just not in a good way.
It’s a song.
Best News…the week isn’t over yet!
Maybe Keith will get another ‘attitude adjustment’ while at MDC.
The Beatings will Continue, Until Morale Improves…
Can you share a link to the memo?
Every time I think it can’t get any more horrifying, it does. It makes it all the more amazing that these defense lawyers are so flippant about it all, and acting like it’s a social gathering every time they are in court.
The defense lawyers should be hanging their heads in shame and showing a somber demeanor when entering court, so as to telegraph how guilty their clients are.
NXIVM defense attorneys are just doing their job.
In order for their clients to be acquitted, the jury needs to believe that those Jane Doe witnesses were sluts and freaks.
Thus, there’s no benefit to having defense attorneys showing respect towards victims here — since it won’t help with an acquittal. The more respect they show towards the victims, the more guilty their clients will be perceived by jurors.
If the jury winds up ‘believing’ those Jane Doe victims, their clients are getting FUCKING FRIED. Simple as that.
This isn’t a case where tactful respect (towards the victims) will win. It’s a case where the victims need to be painted as lying sluts and hooligans, so they can at least hang the jury with 1 or 2 holdouts.
If you don’t understand what a defense attorney’s job is then try asking Mr. Claviger, newbie girl.
Seriously though, not everybody here has had the honor that you’ve had in meeting Nancy Salzman.
Not everybody here has had the HONOR of letting Nancy ‘corner them’ during an intensive (while cowering on all fours like a deer in the headlights) — while allowing Nancy to verbally rip them to shreds.
I can’t remember exactly who said that but I’m kinda sure it was you, if my memory serves. But I could be wrong. 🙂
I realize it was very traumatic to get ‘owned’ by Nancy while not fighting back against her or showing courage in the face of aggression, but that’s your own experience and not ours — so please don’t expect us all to feel as “horrified” as you do.
As for me, I’ve got my popcorn ready just like everybody else here, including Frank and Claviger.
IMO it’ll be more entertaining than OJ’s trial and Phil Spector’s trial all rolled into one, though unfortunately not televised.
If you take no delight in this trial and wish to make us all feel guilty for being entertained, so be it. I respect your point of view. Please respect ours too.
Seriously! I think they are just happy to get paid. Another day of work for them. It makes sense that the horde of defense attorneys are happy…why Allison and others seem not worried is beyond me. They should be literally sick to their stomachs. As for me, I’m melting some butter for the popcorn. This should be fun.
It may be anti-climatic, if the others see Nancy’s writing on the wall and decide to make their own plea deals. Nancy could be the first of 6+ dominos.
Go easy on the lawyers, just think what they have to put up with regarding their clients all day long.
Certain professions see people everyday at their worse. It’s necessary to have a detachment from it all. Many in law enforcement and medical field develop a dark sense of humor.
That’s not to say there is not compassion or uncaring.
In today’s pc climate lol much trouble could come from being overheard using such a coping mechanism lol
To be fair anyone defending this crew or those like them are viewed mostly unfairly
In view of this latest news, I have never yearned for a Keith Raniere prison update as I do now. 😉
mariachi music! LLORAR Y LLORAR
I so look forward to KAR being exposed for what he really is. His own words and misguided deeds will sink him. Maybe once he is locked up, his victims can begin to heal.
The whole mess is to some extent a cautionary tale about what happens when you think you are much, much smarter than you really are.
Feels like we are in the last notes of the national anthem and are getting teed up for kickoff…finally!
This latest news means Frank, Toni, Barbara and a host of other victims persecuted in New York State may be able to file lawsuits against the corrupt politicians, bureaucrats, and law enforcement officials as well the various town and state agencies that persecuted them.
The big bonus is that all of the victims may also be able to sue both Bronfman sisters. I bet Sara is all ready trying to get citizenship somewhere
The double bonus of this latest court filing is that, barring an act of God, Keith Raniere will be going to prison for the rest of his natural life unless he figures out a way to live to 150 years old.
The Prosecution’s star witness ends up being Keith Raniere because he wanted to ‘record his technology for the Ages’.
The Modern-day Messiah, undone by his own hubris. Bill Shakespeare would be proud.
Marc AgniSTEALo’s case just blew up in his face. Alligator tears though. He made at least $7 Million. And is laughing all the way to the bank. That’s a new Rolls for him, his wife, and his mistress. And how much did Geragos get paid?
There truly is no honor among thieves.
A little jealous of Marc Agnifilo, are we Dennis? And who are you to talk about honor. At least Agnifilo wasn’t involved in weapons trafficking with Mexican cartels, under cover of a “Arizona-Mexico relationship” as you were.
“US attorney in Arizona improperly leaked ‘Fast and Furious’ memo / Justice Department’s inspector general says evidence points to retaliation as Dennis Burke’s motivation for alleged leak”
A filing by the prosecution that exposes more of the evidence that it plans to introduce at trail.
Is this an indication of what the superceding indictments will bring? We will find out soon enough.
“Of course, it helped immensely that Raniere had a penchant for putting things in writing – and for recording everything he ever did or said.” Mr.Raniere is very proud of his work, just like Adolf Hitler and so many other evil people, including many serial killers. Just give it a quick search – serial killers who kept a diary – and you will see the type of club to which Mr. Raniere belongs. A longtime, best-selling book says, “Pride goes before destruction and a haughty spirit before a fall.”
Wow! I bet Dennis Burke, Roger Kirsopp and Kirsten Gillibrand are happy today. It appears that Vanguard may never see natural daylight again after the trial.
This latest news is giving many officials in upstate New York heart palpitations. Nancy holds the keys to the castle. Nancy is most likely privy to all the bribes or payoffs that have occurred over time.
I really do hope she tells all and spills the entire can of beans.
There is no hope involved, she must tell all or be held in contempt and sentenced to more prison time.
Quite the opposite. Stand by for suicides.
Methinks you are spot on about the suicides.
They may not materialize today, tomorrow or next week but surely they will come.
When society shuns you and find yourself ostracized, reality bites.
“Of course, it helped immensely that Raniere had a penchant for putting things in writing – and for recording everything he ever did or said.”
Imagine a gangster like Bugsy Siegel or Meyer Lansky memorializing every crime he committed over a period of two decades!
Now add dozens of women who can testify about their coerced recruitment into a sex slave cult with photos and videos and electronic documents as well as branded flesh to prove their coerced recruitment.
“Clare Bronfman’s “longstanding intimate relationship with Raniere”
Too Much Information!
Too Much Information!
Actually the case can also include Raniere’s intimate relationship with Allison Mack.
How many other intimate relationships both gay and straight occurred in the NXIVM rabbit hutch where every Raniere week long birthday party was an excuse for a sex orgy?
What a can of worms!
I’m not surprised by the amount of evidence being presented. After all, Raniere & Co. were raided for 12 TB of information. Perhaps there will be no trial at all, as all of them plea for a deal. But don’t expect any of the deals offered by the DOJ to be very generous.
Please pass the popcorn! This is about to get really good!
The coming mea culpas from this news and Nancy flipping other will be most interesting.
Not sure that is the most proper response to what has been revealed in this article, considering people’s lives have been destroyed, but, hey, be you.
What else did you expect from a spectator?