Allison Mack is finally named. She dodged publicity for months. I called her manager prior to the New York Times story to advise her that she would not dodge the bullet.
She did not.
While The Sun did not name the actress, DailyMail.com reveals that she is Allison Mack, who played Clark Kent’s sidekick, Chloe Sullivan, on the long-running CW series Smallville.
Former Smallville actress is ‘second in command of sex cult under investigation for extorting, beating and branding its members – including Catherine Oxenberg’s daughter’
Here are some of the points named in the story:
- Allison Mack, 35, is reportedly second in command of a secret sex cult at the heart of self-help group NXIVM
- Mack is perhaps best known for playing Clark Kent’s friend, Chloe Sullivan, on the long-running TV series Smallville
- NXIVM, founded by Keith Raniere, brands itself as a self-help group, but former members have said it’s really a cult
- Frank Parlato, a former spokesman for NXIVM, revealed on his blog that Mack has been running a secret sorority within the cult that brands women
- The sorority, called DOS, has a master-slave hierarchy where Mack is second only to Raniere in terms of seniority, the blog states
- She presides over a small group of slaves, who in turn must recruit their own set of slaves or else face corporal punishment
- On her personal website, Mack says Raniere has been her mentor for many years
- A spokesman for Mack said the actress is not speaking to the press currently
- Earlier this week, former Dynasty star Catherine Oxenberg met with prosecutors in New York to detail her daughter’s experiece in the group
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5063683/Former-Smallville-actress-second-command-sex-cult.html#ixzz4xu5dFh00
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
I’m really confused as to why people are so gleefully champing at the bit to place blame, or rather to victim blame, Allison Mack in this whole disgusting cult scandal. First off, if entry into the cult requires blackmail worthy material or embarrassing photos to gain entry, then it stands to reason that Mack has given such materials to the cult leaders. We also know that women who are enslaved in the sex trade are selected to be leaders within the industry, used/coerced/forced to recruit and trap other women. The women who do this we know do it out of fear of some sort of reprisal. Mack has been involved with this creep from a young and impressionable age as he was basically the Svengali who helped guide her career.
The biggest and most creepiest part of this is the Lois Lane fandom who are stoking this obscene and vile victim blaming of Mack. The ringleader is @CertainshadesL on twitter (and as http://therearecertainshadesoflimelight.tumblr.com/ on tumblr). This particular vile human being and POS leads the most disgusting group of hate mongering victim blamers masquerading as feminists that the internet has ever seen. They are so pathologically in love with the fictional character of Lois Lane that they are using this horrible tragedy that has no doubt scarred Mack and all the other women involved to settle some imaginary “score” from Mack’s time on the television show Smallville. Lois Lane fans were in a constant state of rage over the fact that Mack had a larger fan base than Lois Lane actress Erica Durance. It’s hard to believe grown women are this juvenile but these women who were so angry at Mack because more people wanted to see her character end up with Clark Kent instead of Lois Lane are now exploiting this horrible tragedy as well as exploiting the victims of this horrible cult(which clearly includes Mack who was inducted at a young impressionable age) to vent their bile to tear down a woman his is most likely terrified that information she was manipulated to give cult leaders will be used against her or perhaps some family member. The fact that these women are forced into unhealthy dieting(which we know is something cults do to weaken physical and mental resolve) indicates that Mack is most likely being skillfully manipulated into recruiting other women for fear of her life.
We need to stop putting blame on Mack until we know beyond any doubt that she isn’t also a victim in all of this. We are treating Mack like most people treat rape victims who dressed too sexy and “had it coming” and are assuming she is to blame in all of this. Women, of all people, need to give as much support as they can and reserve judgment until the facts in this nightmare are in. If Mack is found to be a willing participant in all of this, then she will undoubtedly be destroyed by the hordes of internet rabble who are already looking to put her head on a spike. Lets try to show some empathy and restraint with the women involved in this horror until we know who is officially to blame.
The article claims Catherine escaped herself which is not true.
Catherine O did “escape” ESP after one Intensive. But its wrong to imply Catherine was in DOS.
This is so wild! ‘Smallville’s Allison Mack, who has always been known as a feminist and a supporter of women’s rights, was just accused of being a high-ranking member of a sex cult, according to a new report.