My prediction on the Neil Glazer civil lawsuit:
Bronfmans have the upper hand.
1) Because this case is LIGHT YEARS from being decided, the ONLY way it gets settled quickly is on Bronfman terms (no admissions of guilt and a chump change settlement).
2) Since most plaintiffs probably won’t wanna wait many years to go to trial and then litigate Bronfman trusts, I’m guessing they’ll cave-in and fold like cheap suits. 🙂
3) To add insult to injury… Because federal income taxes generally apply to lawsuit judgments that can’t show ‘physical injuries’ (federal taxes also apply to punitive damages), I’m guessing that plaintiffs will likely have to pay taxes on their chump change settlements, thus adding even more insult to injury.
Here’s how I see it going…
1) After some back and forth, I see the defendants offering no more than $7 million for a ‘quick’ settlement.
2) After some posturing and attempts at playing hardball, I see the plaintiffs FOLDING like a cheap lawn chair. 🙂
3) Here’s how I see the judgment being cut up:
Likely judgment IMO: $7,000,000
Lawyer’s likely cut: $2,300,000 (1/3)
Plaintiff’s likely cut: $4,700,000
Divide that loot by 80 plaintiffs…
Likely payout to each plaintiff = $59k (Chump change, lol)
Likely net payout (after federal taxes) = $44k (assuming a 25% rate)*
That’s chump change!
*Even if federal taxes didn’t have to be paid, $59k would still be a JOKE settlement from NXIVM.
That’s barely enough money to buy a USED Mercedes —– with just enough left over for a ping pong table, a steak dinner and maybe some potato chips. What a JOKE.
In my opinion, Dani deserves a LOT more than the other plaintiffs.
It’s a shame she’s letting her own tragic story benefit the other plaintiffs equally. Why spread that loot equally among lesser deserving plaintiffs? IMO that’s just not fair.
Just my own opinion, of course.
Have a nice day. 🙂