During the filming, I asked Stone, “You saw the followers and you saw Raniere. Did you ever get the sense, that kind of intuitive sense that he might have been willing to do something criminal like murder?”
“With exclusive access to members of Raniere’s former inner circle, some speaking for the first time and others who remain anonymous for their safety, Parlato leads viewers through a two-hour investigation that questions if there is more to this sadistic story. The provocative new special, THE LOST WOMEN OF NXIVM, premieres Sunday, December 8 at 9/8c, only on Investigation Discovery (ID)….”
The four ‘lost’ women are:
- Gina Hutchinson, 33, found dead in Woodstock NY, an apparent suicide.
- Kristin Snyder, 35, last seen in Anchorage Alaska being ejected from a Nxivm Intensive.
- Barbara Jeske, 63, died in Clifton Park, ostensibly from brain cancer; was under the care of Keith Raniere and Brandon Porter.
- Pamela Cafritz, 57, died in Clifton Park, ostensibly from renal cancer; was under the care of Keith Raniere and Brandon Porter.
“I was hired by NXIVM in 2006. I lasted about 4 months. Raniere had like a burning intensity. But at the same time, he was arrogant, he was haughty, he was a know it all. He liked to pontificate. He didn’t want to hear what anybody else had to say. I did think he was evil. But I thought he was just financially corrupt. I specifically remember that he got $66 million dollars from the Bronfman sisters’ trust fund…
“I worked for them for maybe 4 months. They were out of touch with the way things really worked. And they wanted to start buying politicians. They knew the system was rigged. They are not wrong about that. But they didn’t understand how it was set up. I met the Bronfman sisters. I met several other trust fund children, and I could see, that they were being milked. And that they were footing the bill for a lifestyle of the circle of people surrounding Keith Raniere.
- Brendan Lyons, senior investigative editor, Albany Times Union
- Rick Ross, cult expert
- Neil Glazer, attorney for victims of Nxivm
- Dr. Jana Lalich, an expert on cults
- Joe O’Hara, a former consultant for Nxivm
- Omar Rosales, author and former member of Nxivm
- Susan Dones, a former member
- Heidi Clifford, spouse of Kristin Snyder
- Heidi Hutchinson, sister of Gina Hutchinson
- Angela Ucci, a former member
- Cynthia Libratore, sister of Barbara Jeske
- A DOS woman [in silhouette to shield her identity]
- An inner circle member who had cancer and survived [her identity is concealed]
- Kristin Keeffe, former member and mother of one of Raniere’s children
- Lieutenant Alan Nickel, Seward Police
- Kenny Powers, a friend of Snyder’s involved in the search for her
- Michael and Sherry Miller of Miller’s Landing, where Snyder’s truck was found
- Handwriting expert Beth Chrisman
- Ballistics expert Cynthia Bir.
- Harbor Master for Resurrection Bay, Norman Regis
- Kayak expert and expert of the waters of Resurrection Bay, Rick Brown
- Forensic scientist, Jason Kolowski, who tested hair samples of one of the cancer victims
- And others.
“Understanding the depths of depravity of the NXIVM cult goes far beyond what we have seen in the headlines,” says Henry Schleiff, Group President of Investigation Discovery, Travel Channel, American Heroes Channel, and Destination America. “This explosive ID special takes a never before look at the stories of four women who were unfortunately caught in Raniere’s twisted web and explores how their association with him may have led to their tragic fates, providing hope that authorities might reopen these cases to bring closure to the victims’ loved ones.”
‘The Lost Women of Nxivm’ is produced for Investigation Discovery by AMPLE Entertainment.
For AMPLE, Ari Mark, Phil Lott, Alex Weresow and filmmaker Pat McGee are executive producers. For Investigation Discovery, Eugenie Vink is executive producer, Sara Kozak is senior vice president of production, Kevin Bennett is general manager, and Henry Schleiff is Group President, Investigation Discovery, Travel Channel, American Heroes Channel, and Destination America.